I love me some NVAlt and Simplenote. However, I’m stuck in Windows at work and do not have the pleasure of using Dropbox on Windows. There is a decent enough Simplenote client for windows but development seems to have ceased and it is not feature complete.
So I recently started using the Simplenote webapp for my notes on Windows and it is a great experience. It’s closer to an NVAlt experience on Windows than any other native application I have tried.
Here’s a list of the features you get in the webapp that just don’t exist in a Windows application:
- Pin notes to the top of the notes list
- Preview Markdown (with Extra Extensions!)
- Version scrubbing for each note
- Publish an anonymous shareable link to a note that can be disabled any time.
- Simplenote tags support (obviously)
- Add/edit tags
- Filter by tags
- Delete tags
- Recoverable trash (seems to work via a "trash" tag)
- Word and character counts
- Dynamic note search (available in Resophnotes)